Ways to Troubleshoot Adobe Reader Does Not Show Printer
You can take printouts of PDF files from the print interface of Adobe Reader. However, many people have informed that the printer section does not display in the program, and therefore, that they cannot print PDF documents.
Repair Acrobat’s Current Installation
Adobe’s software program has an inbuilt repair utility. With the help of this utility, you can fix the problem.
- Open the program in Windows
- Select Help and choose Repair Installation. This will open a dialog box.
- In it, you will see a notification asking you to confirm the process. So click on Yes for confirmation.
- The application will then start this process, which will take a while to complete. Wait until that time.
- When it is over, just exit the program and reopen it.
- After that, click File, choose the Print option and see whether the printer has appeared in the said section.
If not, then try the next troubleshooting method.
Update Your Printer Driver
Try doing it from Windows Device Manager. For that, first you need to open Device Manager.
- Click the Start button, right-click on Computer and select Manage.
- From the new window, click twice to open Device Manager.
- Expand Print queues, right-click the printer and choose Update Driver from the context menu.
- Then, click “Search automatically for updated driver software”
- The OS will then search for pending updates, and it will automatically download what it finds.
- After it installs that driver, just restart your PC.
- Launch the program and verify whether you can find the missing printer in that section.
Run the Printer Troubleshooter Tool
- Press the Windows key, and click to open Control Panel.
- In the new window, press Ctrl and F keys at the same time. Then, the cursor will be in the search box. There, search for troubleshooting, and click to open the same from the search result.
- In the new window, find the Use a printer link and click on it.
- The troubleshooting tool will then open; just follow the on-screen instructions. The utility will then look for a potential printer-related problem, and suggest a suitable solution for it.
- Follow the instructions to implement the recommended fixes, and reboot Windows when it prompts you to do so. After that, check to see whether the problem persists.
Configure Printer as Default
If it persists, then the issue may be because you have not configured it as default. For that, just open Devices and Printers from the Start menu, right-click the printer and choose the applicable option. Then, check whether you can print directly from the application.
If none of the above seems working, you might need some expert help. Feel free to contact our customer support team and they will be able to help you.